Welcome to Zinio. This service lets you read magazines on your computer, tablet or smart phone. We recommend that you first read or print out the initial setup instructions. Don't forget to check back monthly for new issues!
The following is a list of titles that the Sussex County Library System has subscribed to.
Everyday with Rachael Ray
Martha Stewart Living
National Geographic Traveler
Parenting Early Years
Parenting School Years
Scholastic Parent & Child
Taste of Home
You may want to print out the instructions - here is the printable version.
In order to browse and view the library’s collection of magazines on Zinio you will need to create two accounts.
First, you will need to create a Patron Account with Recorded Books (RB) Digital to access the library’s Zinio collection (to select the magazines you want). Then you need to check out a magazine.
Second, you will need to create a Zinio account so you can read the magazines you have chosen on your computer, tablet, or e-reader (use the same email as your library collection account)..
- Create a patron account:
The following steps can be completed from your computer, tablet, or other internet accessible device.
1. Open the internet browser (Note: MAC IOS6 users – problems have been reported when trying to access Zinio through Safari. If you encounter this problem, clear your cache and then try again, or download Google chrome or another browser in order to successfully access Zinio).
2. Go to ZINIO
3. Click the blue button on the right side of the screen that says “Create Account”.
4. Enter your email address and password that you would like to use. Enter the password again to confirm, and enter your name. Please make a note of your password.
5. After entering your information, click the green button that says “Create Account”.
6. You will be prompted to validate your account by entering your library card number. Input the entire number with no spaces.
7. RB Digital will send a confirmation email to the email address you entered. The sender will be “Your Library” and the subject will be “Library Account Confirmation”. Please check for this email. The link that is provided is used to complete your registration. If you do not receive the email in your inbox, make sure to check your junk or spam folder. When you click the activation link, the account screen will confirm that your account is active. Log in to your patron account. Your log-in screen will confirm “You are already subscribed to Zinio” and the collection of magazines will be displayed.
8. Select a magazine that interests you – click on a cover or on a drop-down menu.
- Create a View Account:
After you select your first magazine, a new browser tab or window will open and you will be asked if you are a new user. Yes! If you are not a new user, see below*.
1. Enter your information on the screen (First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Password, Confirm Password, and fill out the captch box) and click the Submit button. Use the same email address that you used to create the patron account, above.
2. You will be directed to a Personal Preferences page. This is optional – you can either click the blue skip button at the bottom of the page to move on without answering, or answer the questions and click the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If you do not want to receive emails, uncheck the “Let Zinio Decide” button. Regardless, you will always receive a reminder email when a new issue of the magazine you selected is available.
3. The next screen should display the cover of the magazine you selected. Click on the magazine cover and it will reappear in a box with a black background. You are ready to view the magazine!
4. If you would like to go back to the Library’s collection of magazines to select a different title, click on the browser tab that says “Return to Library Collection”.
- Download a Zinio App.
Once your two accounts are created and you have selected at least one magazine, you can install an app for your mobile device, and sign in to the app with your Patron Account.
If your device does not have a dedicated app (for instance, Nook Color/Tablet), you may still read magazines through your device’s browser feature, as long as you have an internet connection. You can also get an app for your Kindle Fire; go to the following link for special directions: http://imgs.zinio.com/faq/fire.html
When using the Zinio app make sure you go to the My Library tab to view the library titles you selected. Do not select the shop tab. If at any time you are prompted to pay for a magazine you are no longer viewing the library titles you selected.
*These instructions assume you have never used Zinio before. If you have an existing Zinio consumer account make sure you log out of that account and log back in so you can tie your existing account with your Zinio account.