Tax forms are starting to arrive. Use this page to find more online forms that you can download.
The filing deadline for 2016 is Monday, April 18.
The IRS announced several years ago that individual and business taxpayers will no longer receive paper income tax packages in the mail from the IRS. These tax packages contained the forms, schedules and instructions for filing a paper income tax return. Instead, federal income tax forms are available on the IRS website.
Forms can be downloaded and printed either at home, or on an Internet computer at any branch of the Sussex County Library System for a cost of 15-25 cents per page printed depending on location.
A limited number of paper forms will also be available at the Sussex County Library System branches while supplies last.
- Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ and instructions (instructions may also be found online here)
Forms that you can come in and photocopy include:
- Publication 17, (Taxpayers will be able to access Publication 17 in English and Spanish online from irs.gov/Pub17 and, new this year, it will also be available as a free e-Pub for downloading from IRS.gov and viewing on most e-Readers and other mobile devices.)
- Publication 4604 (EN/SP), Use the Web for IRS Tax Products & Information
- Publication 1132, Reproducible Copies of Federal Tax Forms and Instructions
- To call and request that paper forms be sent to you via mail, call 1-800-829-3676. Expect to wait on hold for some time.
New Jersey income tax forms and instructions for 2015 and prior years are available for download from the NJ Division of Taxation website. They can also be requested by phoning or faxing the NJ Division of Taxation’s Customer Service Center, by visiting a Division of Taxation Regional Office, or via email to the NJ Division of Taxation.
For further information, please contact the Sussex County Main Library Reference Department at 973-948-3660, extension 3418.