Open Borrowing Change
Effective January 1, 2015, there will be a change in the Open Borrowing service. The Bergen County Library Cooperative, will no longer offer Open Borrowing services to patrons from outside their service area. The service WILL remain in place for Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Sussex and Warren counties. We are sorry for the inconvenience to our patrons, but this was a situation well beyond our control.
If you have been a patron of a Bergen County library because you work there, check with the library in the town where you work to see if the offer a free non-resident employee library card. Some do and may ask you to bring in a letter on company letterhead verifying your employment.
10 Million Books - 1 Library Card | Books - DVDs - CDs
In-person borrowing at almost 100 public libraries | Get your OPEN BORROWING STICKER and GO!
Wherever you are in northern New Jersey, there is a public library close by - and your library card is good there!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Stop by any Sussex County Library and ask for a Open Borrowing sticker for your library card.
- Be SURE to ask for your PIN if you don't already know it.
- You will need to clear any blocks on your record.
- Then take your card with you to any of the participating libraries. The staff there will register you in their system.
- You may be asked for your PIN number each time you borrow materials.
You may return items to any participating Open Borrowing Library, but please note that
- the item(s) are placed in the state-wide courier system which can take over a week to return them to the owning library and,
- if the item(s) are lost in transit, you will be responsible for the replacement fee.
Click on any of the icons below to search their library catalogs.